If you’re having one of those not-so-fun, oh-so-crappy days, here’s a list of some quick and easy things you can do to lighten your spirit.
- Eat raw, organic fruit. The light quotient in this type of food is very, very high. Munch on a few handfuls for a burst of happy sunshine! The natural sugars and nourishing nutrients will give you a lovely little energy lift for both body and soul.
- Hang out with some animals. Spend an afternoon with squirrels in a park. Sit by a river and commune with birds. Give your doggy some extra attention. Animals are Zen Masters in disguise. When we focus our attention on the peaceful, grounded Being-ness of animals, we are reminded what life is really about.
- Listen to one of my guided meditations on Youtube. I particularly recommend my I am Divinity Meditation. It helps us remember we are more than just a human (seemingly flawed & confused)…we are ALSO a divine spark of God (absolutely perfect and all knowing)!!!
- Make a list of all the things you’re grateful for. Yup, it’s cliched. But it’s cliched because it works!
- Take a nap. When all else fails, a nap is a lifesaver. It’s amazing how much brighter the world looks after just 10 or 20 minutes of shut-eye.
If you love my writing and would like to see more of it flowing into your life, please join me on Patreon!